Interested in a Retired Adult?
From time to time, we have retired adults available. Our dogs are our children. We LOVE them with all our hearts and want the very best for them. We owe them that in the very least, so we make it a priority to find the most absolutely perfect home for our kids. I am not in any rush or hurry to rehome them, and they will always have a place to stay with me but if the perfect opportunity came up for one of our retirees, I would not deny them that even though it will be heartbreaking for both my husband and I. We truly want what’s best for all of our babies, and if that means sacrificing our own emotions to offer them a more fulfilling life, one that is BETTER than what we can give, with individual attention we are here for it.
When considering one of our retirees, please keep in mind the following:
- They are country dogs. They are not used to city noises, or small children.
- They have a giant 100 x 50 fenced in area where they get plenty of daily exercise. They are not used to walking on a leash but will be happy to learn.
- They do love other dogs, but OUR DOGS. We can’t say for sure if they will like any other dogs or animals in your home.
- The life they have now is the only life they know. They live a pack life, and it will be a big change for them to leave their pack and all they have ever known and loved.
- Aussies are a shy breed by nature. It WILL take time for them to warm up to you and settle in, possibly months, but once they do, you’re in for a treat. My dogs, every single one of them is fiercely loyal, and extremely loving to my husband and me, and extended family, but you will have to earn their trust, and I can promise you it will be worth it.
- You MUST meet the dog you’re interested in before committing. We will not ship our adults to you no matter what the circumstance is. Shipping or having the dog flown to you with a Pet Nanny is NOT an option. You must be willing to fly here for a meet and greet and if we BOTH feel it would be a good fit the dog can fly back with you. If you’re driving distance even better, but being local will always be preferred. If you’re local, I am 100% open to having several meet and greets before you make the commitment. It’s a big one, and one I hope you will take as seriously as I do.
It doesn't happen overnight...
Every dog is unique and will adjust differently, but we believe in the 3/3/3 rule as a general guideline for the adjustment period of an adult dog after adoption. Please give them a chance.
TO LEARN YOUR ROUTINE
TO START TO FEEL AT HOME
May feel scared/unsure of what's going on
Not comfortable enough to be him/herself
May not want to eat or drink
Shuts down or hides under furniture
Tests the boundaries
Starts settling in
Feels more comfortable
Realizing this could be his/her furever home
Figures our new environment
Gets into a routine
Lets his/her guard down
May begin to show true personality
Behavior issues may start to appear
Finally feels completely comfortable in his/her home
Begins to build trust and a true bond
Gains a complete sense of security with his/her new family
Sets into a routine
All Adults Come With...
Up to date Distemper and Rabies vaccines.
Up to date on Heartworm Preventative.
Fixed & Dental
Spayed/Neutered, and full dental completed.
I am here for you, and encourage open communication.
Microchipped with a Universal chip that can be scanned in all countries with a ISO Universal Scanner.
All of our dogs come clean and fresh.
Lifetime Membership to Baxter & Bella's Online Puppy School.
Face Time Calls
Available with the adult your interested in with approved application.
What we expect in return...
- You must stay in contact with me. I don’t mean we have to talk every day, but I would like to get updates, photos, and be notified of any serious health issues.
- You will be required by contract to surrender the dog back to me should it not work out, and not be afraid to tell me that it’s not working out.
- To give it time. It will take time, possibly months – please know this and give them a chance.
- For you to take advantage of Baxter & Bella’s trainers. We recommend setting up a call with them and they will help prepare your bringing an adult dog into your home and help you set up boundaries, schedule, etc. It is VERY important to me that we set both you and the Retiree up for success!
- You must have the financial means, and be willing to pay for all Veterinary care as needed should any emergencies arise, and keep the dog up to date on vaccines.
If you are interested and serious, please fill out the application HERE and be specific as to who you're applying for. I will read every inch of your application. Any vague or incomplete applications will not get a response. Please be as detailed as possible.
All Adults are $700 USD
Face Time Calls
Available with Approved Application
COAT COLOR: BLACK TRI
EYE COLOR: BLUE & BROWN
CURRENT WEIGHT: 6.7 lbs
CURRENT HEIGHT: 10"
VOCAL: Normal - at doorbells, deliveries, etc.
AVAILABILITY: Available to the right home.
Bamboo is a little guy who is very light and easy to carry around. When you go to pick him up he will sit on his back legs and reach up his front legs like a small child to be lifted. He is a self taught acrobat and can do backflips. He loves to play fetch. He had dental problems and had all but one tooth extracted. Because of this, his tongue is always hanging out of the side of his mouth which gives him a bit of a silly character. He has no issues eating. Bamboo is a watchdog and enjoys his job. He likes to make sure everyone is safe and protected and wills tay on high alert when our cat is around. Bamboo is loving, cuddly, and has no idea how small he is. For a small dog, he is medium-high energy and really enjoys having a job/purpose.
Stay in the Know
If you'd like to be notified when an adult becomes available please sign up for our pupdate list.